Imported Slo-Mo videos play only at full speed

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Merkyworks, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

I have some slo-mo videos that I recored with my 5s and then imported into my Aperture library. When syncing my 5s the slo-mo videos would show up in a dedicated "slo-mo" album on the phone. With my 6 the album still shows the slo-mo videos but now they only play at full speed. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm guessing is another iOS 8 bug or something.

2. matthewadams macrumors regular

I just don't think Aperature has Slo-Mo support. When I import Slow-Motion Videos via Image Capture they come with a dedicated file (which holds the start/end-points of the Slow-Mo segment) and preview in Finder works well (given this is on Yosemite, not sure this works on Mavericks).
    I guess it's Aperture to blame, or the lack of an "export" option on Photos.
    But I think it has been like this since the 5S ? (can't tell cause I came from a 4S)

3. Merkyworks thread starter macrumors 6502

On my 5s running latest iOS 7 software they played as slo-mo, I do believe they didn't show as slo-mo in Aperture but I was okay with that.

4. coolio93 macrumors 6502

Had that problem because not all apps support slo mo video.

Downloaded this and never had this problem again

SloMo Share! for iPhone 5S - Share slow motion videos to Instagram, whatsapp, and eleswhere by Ki Tat Chung
    https://appsto.re/us/tujxR.i

5. jaypr macrumors member

Just noticed that all of my old slo-mo videos that were taken with my 5s and restored to my 6 plus can only be played at full speed now on the 6 plus and the slo-mo aspect cannot be edited. Worth mentioning that the videos are still displayed in the slo-mo folder.

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

7. Merkyworks thread starter macrumors 6502

This is exactly what mine is doing as well, this must be a bug of some sort then.

I can import into iMovie and slow them down but it's BS that i have to import into iMovie just to gain functionality that I previously had.

8. bradkrischel macrumors 6502

When I send a slo-mo video to someone in the Messages app they say they can view it in slo-mo, but when I click to play the video in the app it plays at full speed. So there must be something weird going on with the slo-mo videos.

9. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330