Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevemcm1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Hong Kong
Hi,

I imported a few videos from my iPhone to iMovie 11 directly (not via iPhoto). Only the first 3 show up in event library.

After going through finder to check, they are all there. Strange, I thought.

Anyone can help me get them to show up in the event library?

Thanks

stevemcm1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Hong Kong
Move them to Quicktime.

Hi, thanks for that. I wasn't totally sure what you meant, but it gave me a few ideas.

I used Quicktime to open one of the files from iMovie events (going through finder). I couldn't see a way to move it to Quicktime?

Anyway, with the file open in Quicktime I exported it to iMovie.
Reopened iMovie - there it is, in a dropbox, ready to be put in an event.

So, in effect, there were two copies of the file in iMovie - one it could see, one it couldn't. Took ages too.

But got another idea. Using iMovie 'import movie' I could import each file from imovie events in finder (even though it can't see them in the open application), into a new imovie event - which it could see.

That make sense? Probably not. But it worked

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
You know sometimes one just must go with ones instinct. Many times i want too to a task in iMovie or FCP-X and it is like seeing a Ghost saying "NO WAY"
Good luck with any future work you do.:apple:

stevemcm1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Hong Kong
Cheers.

One more question has just cropped up, with the emphasis on 'crop'.

For reasons unknown, when I put one particular clip into my imovie project from iMovie event, it gets cropped - ie. I lose a bunch of peoples' feet. The 5 other clips are fine.

I checked the original file - ok. In event - ok. In project - cropped.
I deleted it, uploaded again. Same problem.

Anyone can tell me what's up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.