Importing a Handbrake rip into iMovie?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DarkRyan323i, May 19, 2009.

1. DarkRyan323i macrumors member

Hello,

I have been copying my DVD collection onto my computer using Handbrake with the AppleTV preset. For two movies, 21 and The Da Vinci Code, Handbrake had a tough time copying them at first and both movies play the first minute of the movie and then start over from the beginning. The movie is fine after that. Why am I not able to import these into iMovie '09? And if I can, would I be able to cut out the first minute of both of these files?

Thanks!

2. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Are they MP4 files? and if so, are you going under File>Import Movie>Select?

3. DarkRyan323i thread starter macrumors member

Yes, they are .m4v files and when I go under File and Import, the files are grayed out. Any ideas??

4. miketaylor627 macrumors newbie

I noticed this post died in May. I am having the same problem and reposted the question before I found this thread. Anyone come up with a solution yet? I am getting desperate.

5. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

it seems that imovie doesn't recognize m4v files so just make sure you make them mp4 files when you are doing the transcoding with handbrake and they will import into iMovie just fine

6. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

It is still weird about how the first minute repeats itself? I have never had that problem...interesting