Importing a Video from a Camcorder??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by norcalstadium, May 20, 2008.

1. norcalstadium macrumors member

so here's my setup:
    i have my camcorder connected to a cord that splits off into the red, white, and yellow audio/video cables, which is then converted into a usb cable using a Dazzle.

i have a 2.4 GHz macbook pro that has stock software. i assume i will need to use either iMovie HD or iDVD to import the video from my camcorder.

all i want to do is transfer the footage from the camcorder to my computer so i can put it on youtube.

thanks in advance!

p.s. my main problem is that when i connect the usb cable, nothing pops up on my mac, making it impossible to tell iMovie HD where to import from

2. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

If your camcorder has a firewire port (should look like a little square with an indentation on one side when found on a camcorder) I would highly recommend you buy a cable for that. Right now with what you're doing, things just don't work well together.

4. Church macrumors regular

Church

If the dazzle you're using is for windows, it's not going to work. I tried the same thing with my friend's Xbox 360 and I chatted with their support line and you need the special OS X version of the dazzle to do it like that. So do like the other dudes said and buy a usb cable or firewire cable to hook your computer directly to your camcorder for best results.