Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jim Baker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Hello,

How does the iMac import music from tapes? Is there an adapter for the cable out of my tape deck? Is the input through a USB port? :)

Where is this in the user documentation? :eek:

I am using Logic Express for my projects. :cool:

Thanks in advance for your time.

My regards,

Jim

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Get a 3.5mm male-male cable, plug it into the tapedeck's headphone jack, plug the other end to the iMac's input ;)

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
Get a 3.5mm male-male cable, plug it into the tapedeck's headphone jack, plug the other end to the iMac's input ;)

This is the way I've done it, and it works fine. One thing to remember is to adjust the output volume on your tape deck so that you don't get distortion. Other than that, it's a simple if time consuming process.

Jim Baker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Can't hear internal audio

STATE: Whilst a music tape is playing, the tape deck headphone plug is cabled to the iMac's audio input. The built-in line in level bounces with the music. :apple:

PROBLEM: Can't header the music through either built-in outputs - internal speakers or headphones - with volume at max and mute disabled. :confused:

SUMMARY: Input is ok. Output does is not ok. :eek:

TIA,
Jim

Jim Baker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
STATE: Whilst a music tape is playing, the tape deck headphone plug is cabled to the iMac's audio input. The built-in line in level bounces with the music. :apple:

PROBLEM: Can't header the music through either built-in outputs - internal speakers or headphones - with volume at max and mute disabled. :confused:

SUMMARY: Input is ok. Output is not ok. :eek:

TIA,
Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.