Importing audio into FCE

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by keith.burtonwoo, Sep 1, 2009.

1. keith.burtonwoo macrumors newbie

Hi!

I would like to know how to:

1. Import my itunes music into FCE - can do it easy with imovie but not with FCE

2. How can I use audio from one clip with another clip. eg birds singing on one clip and I would like to use with a different video sequence?

Thanks in anticipation

Keith

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

1. Not sure about this one.

2. Drag the clips into your timeline. Select the clip that you want to take the audio from (Clip A), and press COMMAND + L. This will unlink the audio from the video for Clip A. Now you can only go and select the audio from Clip A and move it underneath Clip B.

If you need more clarification, or even a video example, let me know.

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

number une is easy. 2 also, but already explained. You're finder is from the import window is different than the normal finder. The space where your hard drives and maps are, there is your music. It's only a bit lower. There is a map with something like "music", and that's where all your music is, itunes and I believe even garage band.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

1. It depends on the song. If its an ACC protected file it won't allow you to import into FCP/E... Burn the song to a CD then reimport the song. They do it because its a pro software and apple assumes you don't have the rights.

5. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

1. If it's protected, do what ^ he said ^ - burn and reimport as AIFF. If it's not protected, the most reliable way is to find the file (right click the song in iTunes and select "show in Finder), open it in QT and export as AIFF. Import this into FCE.

2. If the rest of your sequence is in, say, V1 (and A1, A2), drop the bird clip into V2, so the audio drops into A3 and A4. Unlink clips (shift L), delete the video associated with the audio, move the audio where you want. Turn on global linking again (shift L)

6. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

Or you can also set the source track buttons to presumably empty tracks, 3 and 4 and detach the source button on the video track so you don't overwrite the video.

In any case, when converting to aiff, don't forget to set it to 48khz and 16 bits if so is the setting of your sequence.

7. keith.burtonwoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Audio in FCE

A big thanks to all of you who offered assistance - I will follow your suggestions...

Best regards,

Keith