Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

torrid30

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Illinois
I have my PC external hard drive plugged into my iMac right now, and I want to import my Firefox PC Bookmarks to Firefox on my Mac.

First off, when I hit import in Firefox it only gives me Safari and IE as my two choices to import from.

And secondly, I can't seem to find where my Firefox bookmarks are stored on my PC Hard drive either.

If anyone could guide me with either of these (location of the bookmarks and how to import with Firefox not being an option, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Torrid

EDIT: Well with the magic of posting, I figured it out literally seconds afterwards. I found my bookmarks and imported them to Safari. Then imported from Safari to Firefox. Took me weeks to post then seconds to figure it out. Thanks for all that read this anyways.

Retired
May 16, 2006
I don't have FF or a PC on hand, but I guess its File->Export Bookmarks on the PC, then File->Import Bookmarks and open the created file on the mac...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If that is not possible, then your bookmarks should be located in the following location:

\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1310jp5y.default\bookmarks.html

Referenced from the root of the boot drive, and the alphanumerics in front of .default will be different from what I listed (but you should only have one folder like this in that location, probably).

That's also assuming, of course, that you did not set the browser.bookmarks.file string in Firefox about:config... if you did that, then your bookmarks file is wherever you specified with that user preference. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.