Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iChief

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
Bankside, London SE1
Hi there, does any one know how to import CSVs into Address Book? I've got a Palm Pilot and it will only allow me to export CSVs, ABAs and TAB files. Address Book only allows you to import TSVs and vCards.

Thanks guys.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
Yeah, just use iSync it works great and you won't have to mess with all the file formats.

iChief

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
Bankside, London SE1
Thanks for your replies guys. I can't use iSync because my PDA is ancient, man. Bit like myself, hehe. It's like version 2.0 or something - all it's got is infra-red and of the course the HotSync cradle. That's the reason it only exports ABAs, CSVs and TAB files. I've sorted the problem anyways - I used some freeware called Address Book Importer 1.2.3. and it worked a treat.
Also, I heard that there were some issues with Palm not working so well with OS X, is that true?

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
iChief said:
Also, I heard that there were some issues with Palm not working so well with OS X, is that true?
mine works fine (palm v. 4.1 I believe). Haven't noticed any hiccups or anything.

iChief

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
Bankside, London SE1
This is kind of related to the thread but in a different vein - I've successfully imported my contacts into Address Book but now it won't let me export them - grrr! I can see Export vCard under File but it's greyed out, why would that be? Also, the Save Changes is greyed out too. I don't get it - I'm sure they were okay before I started.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
iChief said:
This is kind of related to the thread but in a different vein - I've successfully imported my contacts into Address Book but now it won't let me export them - grrr! I can see Export vCard under File but it's greyed out, why would that be? Also, the Save Changes is greyed out too. I don't get it - I'm sure they were okay before I started.

ok...i had this problem too, but i have a PC. i went to my PC and open address book that XP comes with, imported the CVS then exported all the vCards. after that, i copied over to my PB and imported them. there might be some software do that, i thought about writing some software to do it, but i got lazy. if you don't have a PC, you probably have one at work or a friend does. just make sure you delete the contacts before you leave.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.