Importing Contacts to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gryfon19, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Gryfon19 macrumors regular

I have a Treo and have saved my contacts in both the Palm Desktop application for contacts and I have also exported my contacts to my SIM card. I intend to follow the method on hacktheiphone.com to use my current Cingular SIM. Will I be able to get my contacts to my new iPhone through either of the 2 ways I have saved contacts?

Maybe import my Palm Desktop contacts into Address Book (preferable) then use that to import into iTunes? Anyone tried anything like this?

Thanks.

2. kinetik macrumors newbie

I used bluetooth to send all my contacts from my old Treo to my Macbook Pro... can't remember the exact steps, but it's something like 1) pair your Treo with the computer, 2) in your Treo's contact list make sure All Categories is selected, 3) in the Treo's menu select Send, 4) accept the import to Address Book on your mac.

Once the contacts are in your mac's Address Book, all you need to do is sync your iPhone (make sure you have Contacts checked in your sync preferences).

Good luck!

3. Gryfon19 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, great thanks. I've got my Treo set up as a Bluetooth device already. Did you initiate the sync from Address Book? Is there somewhere in there to identify which device I want to overwrite the other (so that I add Treo contacts to Address Book instead of the reverse and therefore erasing my contacts?) Thanks!