Importing encrypted DVD .. need some help, please

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Suskind, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Suskind macrumors newbie

So i found info on a really old thread about using Handbrake to import encrypted DVDs into iMovie and it works great .. its really effing slow, but it works.

I am trying to import from a television show dvd and it only imports the first episode on the disc!

Can someone please help me get all the eps off the DVD and into iMovie?

Thanx! :D

2. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

try Mac The Ripper to do an exact copy of the DVD to your hard drive then use handbrake selecting the DVD copy on your hard drive as the source

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You need to add each episode to the queue - each title needs to be en-queued separately as Handbrake will simply default to the longest title if you just put the disc in and hit Rip.

4. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

oh yeah, i see the problem, ignore everything i just posted, you need to add every episode to the queue, do that by selecting the title and then click add to queue, remember all the extras will be under the titles as well so know how long the episodes are and only add titles that are that length - 30 minute episodes tend to be 22 mins without commercials

5. Suskind thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, i will try that and then let you know

thanx guys! :D

6. shagnthings macrumors newbie

Can't even load up the episode list

I'm having the same problem, but in my case I can't even load up the episode list to select which episodes go into the queue. I'm using Handbreak and have had no problem with converting full length dvd movies (old & present). Any ideas on how to rectify this in Handbreak or another recommended software?