Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D3AD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Ok so I have been downloading some live concert footage from a band's website(these are all audio files), but when I downloaded the files I cannot import them into iTunes. I Have the file on my hard drive but it is only a "piece of paper" icon i think this means there is not a selected program chosen for opening this type of file, do i need another program to listen/sync this file type? when i try I get a message from itunes saying "does not appear to be a valid export file" do I need to convert the file or something?

I could realy use some help on this one thanks
D3AD

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
D3AD said:
Ok so I have been downloading some live concert footage from a band's website(these are all audio files), but when I downloaded the files I cannot import them into iTunes. I Have the file on my hard drive but it is only a "piece of paper" icon i think this means there is not a selected program chosen for opening this type of file, do i need another program to listen/sync this file type? when i try I get a message from itunes saying "does not appear to be a valid export file" do I need to convert the file or something?

I could realy use some help on this one thanks
D3AD

You could change the format of this music!

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
What format are the files? It should have had the format when you were downloading the files.
Sounds like it is .wma. In that case, because M$ don't make anything in Windows Media 10 format compatible with Macs, it may be hard to convert them.
If you have a computer running XP available, i believe you can import them into iTunes, then convert them there, and copy them back to the Mac.
Other than that, i believe there are some programs which can convert some audio files into AAC or MP3 for you.

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
Scarlet Fever said:
What format are the files? It should have had the format when you were downloading the files.
Sounds like it is .wma. In that case, because M$ don't make anything in Windows Media 10 format compatible with Macs, it may be hard to convert them.
If you have a computer running XP available, i believe you can import them into iTunes, then convert them there, and copy them back to the Mac.
Other than that, i believe there are some programs which can convert some audio files into AAC or MP3 for you.

Yeah their are some programs like that! I forgot what they are called but if you go to versiontracker.com you can search for a program like that and pay the shareware fees or who knows maybe it will be free ware!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.