Importing from email (gmail) to Evernote/Devonthink/Yojimbo?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ezsober, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ezsober macrumors member

I'm looking for a more elegant solution to storing notes and articles than my current system, which is gmailing thing to myself, tagging emails, and creating tags based on subject matter for later search and recall. I've tinkered with devonthink and evernote on a few occasions, but each time my hangup is the lack of a means for exporting my articles/emails/tags/attachments from gmail other than by the brute force approach of copying and pasting each tagged email i've ever sent into evernote/devonthink/yojimbo.

Is there some method in any of these programs to do this other than by brute force? My emails and bookmarks involve collectively 7 years of notes and tags.

2. BigRedOne macrumors regular

I would go over to the DevonThink Forum and ask them. I use DevonThink Office Pro as my main all goes in that I want to keep data base. But I do not import any e-mails other than the mail on my iMac and not very many of them.

3. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

Re DevonThink: I have Pro Office. The easiest way I've found, which ensures I also grabany attachments, = select the desired messages, drag & drop to the desktop (or a folder on the desktop for this purpose), then drag & drop into DTPO.

There's also a script, part of the install, which will import from assorted mailboxes.

4. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl