Importing from SAMSUNG HMX H300 into FCPX

tobiastimpe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
So, I just recently bought a SAMSUNG HMX H300 FullHD camcorder.

When try to I import the video into Final Cut Pro X, I only get the audio, the video is just black. Since this seemed to be a codec issue, I made a quick 10-second video with my iPhone 4S, tried to import it, and it actually worked, so the issue are the files from my camera.

I checked one of them with VLC, they are standard AVCHD.

I just put a small clip onto my Dropbox, if anyone can help me troubleshoot this, here's the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6178412/Simple Test File.mp4

Thank you guys in advance!

Tobias Timpe

tobiastimpe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Just simple "Import from Camera" in Final Cut, got my camera connected via USB.

tobiastimpe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
So if anyone knows what the problem is, please help!

Again, please download the file on Dropbox and try to import it, should take 2 mins.

Thanks

Tobias

tobiastimpe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
So I found out that the Foxreal converter works when I convert it to Apple Intermediate Codec. Any freeware out there that does this?

Nov 28, 2010
located

harddriveowner

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2007
In one of many books, articles or video courses on FCPX I have read,watched or studied over the past few months one thing is emphasized: Don't import from the camera. Copy the files to your hard drive then import them from the hard drive.
Try that.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
But copy the complete card, not only the video files. iMovie and FCP X need the other files on the card too.

oakwalk

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
same question

I have a HMX-T10 samsung model and when I move my movie clips from the camcorder to FCP X, it only plays the audio.... any thoughts?

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
So I found out that the Foxreal converter works when I convert it to Apple Intermediate Codec. Any freeware out there that does this?
You can try ffmpegx and convert it to a lossless codec like FFV1/HUFFYUV.

It's too bad most of the good freeware editing programs are on Windows these days. You can also try VirtualDub + ffdshow tryouts if you have Parallels or bootcamp installed.