Importing HD movie to iDVD

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ildondeigiocchi, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Ok so here is the problem. I imported a HD film from my Sony HD Handycam at full HD resolution. When I want to export it to iDVD for burning, the only publishing video option is 960 by 540. How do i get it to 1920 by 1080. I want to get HD quality but on a regular DVD disc.

2. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Any ideas. Really need help.

3. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

The only way to burn a DVD in HiDef is with Toast with the BluRay plug in. You can burn about 20-30 minutes of BluRay video on a standard DVD. If your video is longer then that you will need to get a BluRay burner and use BluRay media.

4. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

DVDs can only do DVD spec'd video by design. There are ways of fitting HD content onto a DVD, but you will only get like 15-20 minutes of video max.

This is like asking how to get 20GB at that quality onto a 4GB disc....

5. Magaman macrumors regular

Do you realize you contradict yourself?
    You can encode Blu-Ray video and put it on a DVD but it has to end up being 4 gigs( or 8 gigs if using DL DVDs) and will only be readable by Blu-Ray players. And as stated it can only be done right now in Toast, as Apple software doesn't support Blu-Ray encoding. (It does support HD DVD with Compressor but who has an HD DVD player beside us sucker Xbox 360 owners)