Resolved Importing images from camera onto Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kevb8ll, Sep 15, 2015.

1. kevb8ll macrumors newbie

I have just upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks. Obviously I realise that iPhoto has gone and now we have the Photo app as a way of synchronising better with iOS. I guess that is ok, except I have my images in several folders on my Mac and I used to import via image capture into whichever folder I wanted.

I would still like to do that, is there a way of making image capture the default when I plug my camera in?

I appreciate that this may not be the way photo works, or how you guys do it - but it's what i want to do.

Help would be appreciated.

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Start up Image capture before you plug in your camera.
    Then plug in the camera, turn it on, and it'll show up in Capture's device list, and you can set the App to open automatically open any time you plug in your camera, just as before. (it's some funny little menu control, I think at the bottom left of the window?) On my Mac this overides Photo's attempt to dump your pix into its Byzantine database, and lets you put them as image files, in the folders of your choices.

3. kevb8ll thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. Exactly as you said, have now changed preference to Image Capture.