Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P.Roy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Hey guys, what's the easiest/best way to import music from my old computer(pc) to my new MBP? thx in advance. also any link would be greatly appreciated!!

Roy

Mac_Max

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2004
Copy the files over the network. Enable file sharing by going through the network wizard (in the Network Places or Network connections folder) and setting your workgroup (I recommend WORKGROUP, the Mac OS default workgroup) and clicking the option for file and printer sharing. Right click on the My Music folder and click the sharing option and enable file sharing for that folder. The PC's music will then be accessible on the Mac. Drag it into your iTunes folder into the main Library window in iTunes from the Mac.

You can export your library file by using the option under the file menu on the PC and import it on the Mac in order to recover your playlists.

P.Roy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Copy the files over the network. Enable file sharing by going through the network wizard (in the Network Places or Network connections folder) and setting your workgroup (I recommend WORKGROUP, the Mac OS default workgroup) and clicking the option for file and printer sharing. Right click on the My Music folder and click the sharing option and enable file sharing for that folder. The PC's music will then be accessible on the Mac. Drag it into your iTunes folder into the main Library window in iTunes from the Mac.

You can export your library file by using the option under the file menu on the PC and import it on the Mac in order to recover your playlists.

Ok, thx for your help. i dont think i set up my network connections yet so i'll try to figure that one out. i know that i set up my wireless network and it should be something similar right??

Roy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.