Importing Iweb created file(website) into Iweb

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Ryan700, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Ryan700 macrumors member

Ryan700

I guess I asked this in the wrong section yesterday so I am posting it here.
    When I save an Iweb project to a folder and then edit it in Textedit I am not able to open the folder in Iweb. There is no provision in the menu bar that I can import an Iweb project into Iweb. Is there a way to do it or am I just going to have to buy Dreamweaver?

2. Mitou macrumors regular

Iweb is not an html editor. It only works from the original domain.sites2 file. Once any changes are made to the published html they can only remain there until you update again the domain.sites file and publish again. In other words post publication changes do not import into iweb.
    Sorry may be the next version.:)

3. Ryan700 thread starter macrumors member

Ryan700

Thanks. I guess I'll be sending Apple some feedback as to what I want in the next version.

4. atl.heather macrumors newbie

Importing website files to iWeb

from a teacher-

The image on my school macbook was recently updated and my iWeb application looks brand-new.... my website I've been working on is completely wiped out. HOWEVER, I do have my entire website published to a folder on my desktop. How do I get those files from the folder BACK into iWeb? I can't find an "import" option.

Also- I am NOT using MobileMe- I am publishing to Dreamhost using Cyberduck.

Help!:(

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I've seen this come up, but the answer was no. iWeb can't reverse the process. It creates the HTML on-the-fly when you do a publish.