Importing library from IPhoto to Aperture

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by broncojeff, Jul 22, 2008.

1. broncojeff macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Macs & digital photography in general & had a quick question but there is a fyi first.

Long story short... I purchased my Mac last fall & I started getting into photography. A family member purchased Aperture 2 for me as a gift since I've been going kinda crazy with the camera. :) Well I had IPhoto pretty organized to fit my needs & I've got every photo named with tags/keywords & rated (over 5,000 images). Now I'm looking to transition to Aperture & I'd really like to import that library & maintain the ratings, keywords & events I've created b/c it took some time to setup.

I've found smart albums are a wonderful thing if you take the time to setup the ratings & keywords... :)

Has anyone tried to import their library from IPhoto into Aperture & kept their ratings & tags/keywords?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Jeff

2. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

I'm not too sure if this will keep all the keywords and stuff (I would image it would), but go to File>Import>iPhoto Library. A dialog box will open it, just click the import button and it imports all of your photos. Hope that helps.

3. broncojeff thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Wgilles... that was too easy... like everything on the Mac.

4. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles