Importing mini dv with out imovie

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Davidmoreen, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Davidmoreen macrumors newbie

Now I am planing on getting a sony DV camera in a few weeks and I am on a mac plus I personally hate iMovie. I use Adobe Premiere for my video editing and want to be able to get the video off of the camera to the hard drive with out going through a different editing soft ware. I would like to do it with out loosing any quality as to most of my videos go on youtube and I need the best quality i can get. Also I would like to know what cords and other accessories I will need to do this task!:confused:

thank, David Moreen

PS I already have quicktime pro.

2. hiddenpremise macrumors regular

hiddenpremise

Somewhere between my imagination and reality
    I have no experience with Premier but I know that quicktime pro allows you to capture content from your camera through firewire. Sony may call this connection iLink it is also known as IEEE 1394. Unless you have one of the brand new (this month) macbooks or macbook pro's, you will need a Firewire/1394/iLink cable with one 1394A end and one 1394B end. 1394B is the mini firewire that connects to your camera. 1394A is the larger end that looks like a widened USB port with a round end. Your camera will need to be plugged into AC while transferring.