importing .mov 1920 x 1080 into FCP. Settings?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by maxinemac, Jul 11, 2009.

1. maxinemac macrumors newbie

I am trying to import files given to me by a cinematographer. They have been converted from 30 fps to 25 fps and are .mov files. Bin says they are 1920 x 1080, audio 44.1 KHz 16 bit integer, pixel aspect square, field dominance upper (odd). Each time i drag a clip to the timeline, it needs to be rendered. Does anyone know what sequence settings i should be using?

2. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

open the files in quicktime and hit apple+i and see what codec it is there. Then just use those settings for your timeline.

3. maxinemac thread starter macrumors newbie

This is what quicktime told me about the file:

16-bit Integer (Little Endian), Stereo (L R), 44.100 kHz
    Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), 1920 x 1080, Millions

But i cant use these settings for my timeline because they don't give me any matching options in my FCP settings.

??

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

5. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

I think ProRes 422 was new in #6 wasn't it? It's an awesome tool in the new version. With all the different codecs on the market, it was Apple's answer that preserves the rez, yet takes up MUCH less space and requires NO rendering for RT play on timeline.(I am using if for my 5d2 footage) Sounds like it's just the opposite in version 5, eh? Have you looked for a ProRes 422 plug in for your suite?

J