Importing Movies Onto iMovie '08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nadav, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Nadav macrumors regular

Whenever I plug in my camera in my imac (20 inch aluminum if it matters) it takes me right to iPhoto. I imported the videos into iPhoto, now how do i get it onto iMovie?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Set the Finder to open iMovie when you attach a camcorder. You may also manually launch iMovie and then import your video.

3. Nadav thread starter macrumors regular

I have tried to launch iMovie while the camera was plugged in, and all that happened was like it was being launched with no camera. It never showed up on the side that a device was plugged in like in iPhoto. How can i set in on finder to import the movies on iMovie?

4. Nadav thread starter macrumors regular

5. Nadav thread starter macrumors regular

6. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

We don't have a lot to go on. What kind of camera do you have? is my first question. Make? Model? HDV? DV? HDD? Removable flash? What kind of video does it produce? AVI? H.264? DVD (VOB)? HDV? DV? WMV?

You should be able to import your movies into iMovie instead of having to go to iPhoto first. What happens when you try this:

Plug your camera into your Mac. Quit iPhoto if it launches. Open iMovie and click the button with the picture of the camera on it (or just press Cmd+i).

If it defaults to your iSight camera, see if you can't select your video camera from the drop down in the capture window.

Does your camera not show up at all?

If you already have the movies in iPhoto, they should show up iMovie anyway. In your Event Library, Just click on "iPhoto Videos". It may take a sec to go and grab them, but that should show you all of the movie files from iPhoto.

[​IMG]