Importing music into itunes and disk cleanup

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ethos17, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ethos17 macrumors newbie

Hi, well this is my first ever Mac after being with Windows for a long time. I imported my music to my mbp with a flash drive but right now I'm having trouble importing the music onto itunes? The first odd thing that struck me when I first opened up iTunes is that there is no taskbar at the top with File, Edit, View, etc. Usually on Windows I just click on file > add folder to library but I don't see where I can do that with a Mac.

And another question, is there some kind of disk cleanup utility on the MBP that deletes temporary internet files and other junk to clean up hard drive space? I used CCleaner for Windows and that thing was amazing for disk cleanup..

2. celticpride678

In iTunes, go to File>Add to Library.

Nope - there is no "Disk Cleanup." It's not needed on Mac OS X.

3. ethos17 thread starter macrumors newbie

But the problem is I don't see the 'Files' at all. There's probably something I'm doing wrong? :confused:

4. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

You don’t have a menu bar? Are you sure you are using a Mac? haha

5. ethos17 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol. okay I guess it was something stupid afterall. I didn't notice the menu bar for Mac is used to import music into itunes. Coming from Windows, I was looking for the menu bar in itunes hehe. :eek:

6. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

so how long have you been using a mac? Did you just get it a few minutes ago?

7. ethos17 thread starter macrumors newbie

pretty much. trying to import my music was the first thing i tried to do. still learning my way around as you can see lol.

8. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

well, you are most likely never going to want to use or buy a windows computer again, unless for work purposes.
    so you have a while to learn your way around.

9. ethos17 thread starter macrumors newbie

But do you know why it isn't needed in OS X? Like how does it delete temporary internet files and such from Firefox and when do you know when it does it?

10. celticpride678

Mac OS X has maintenance scripts built in that will run daily, weekly and monthly to clean out stuff. These scripts run automatically when the computer is not being used.