Importing music/sound into iMovie 08?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peanutismint, Jan 14, 2008.

1. peanutismint macrumors 6502

peanutismint

I've only just gotten around to using the new iMovie, and am pretty flustered by all the changes...

I want to add music to my clip, but it seems like the only options I have are to add my own Garageband songs, or music from my iTunes library (which is empty because I hate and never use iTunes).... Is this the case?! Surely Apple wouldn't MAKE people use only music from iTunes or GarageBand? Is there a way to add my own locations to the list? Or is it yet another tactic in the ongoing saga of 'how to MAKE people use iTunes'?

2. bobsbarricades, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  3. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

Not sure about iMovie '08 but in '11 you can drag an audio file into the project from another location (desktop, folder, etc) and it works fine. I just did a Star Wars-type video of my 2 year old and used a bunch of lightsaber .wav sounds. Simple to just drag and drop them into the project.

You can also add folders to the Music and Sound Effects window. So, put some mp3 files or whatever into a folder then drag the folder into iMovie and that folder will be accessible.