Importing on Photos Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WinterWolf90, Apr 17, 2015.

1. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502

Still a new Mac user so excuse me if this is something simple for others

So I have figured out that importing to Photos stores the data in the photos library. So if you manually placed pictures on your computer; when you do the edits on the pictures in the photos library the originals aren't effected because the data being edited is in the photos data and not the original files. Therefore the original pictures that were copied onto the MAC are kind of just sitting there.

When importing from an iPhone how do I copy the pictures manually like I used to on windows? It doesn't pop up as a hard drive. I am assuming I have to get a program to do this?

I assume it would be easier to just put the pictures on the photos library from here on out and not manually drag them to a folder; but if I want to save them and take them someplace to print; is exporting them the way that this is done?

2. hydr macrumors regular

Two choices;
    1.) Import your entire iPhoto library into Photos.
    or
    2.) Start with an empty Photos library, then manually drag and drop the photos/events you want over. (Might have to drop them temporarily on desktop or something.