importing Outlook address book into Apple Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sananto35, Aug 15, 2008.

1. sananto35 macrumors newbie

hello...I'm a new iMac owner (and new Mac user) and want to move my address book from Outlook (on a Dell laptop) to Apple Mail. I can do this with vCards, but it is a tedious one-contact-at-a-time process. I'm wondering if there is something I can do with a "distribution list"...I've put all of my contacts into a distribution list and emailed it to myself on the iMac...can I work with that in some fast and efficient way in Apple Mail. I've never had much luck using .csv files, and they seem as time-consuming to clean up as just sending the several hundred vCards to myself. Any advice? Thanks for your help.

2. sananto35 thread starter macrumors newbie

converter programs

online, I see this program by Little Machines (http://www.littlemachines.com/) and another by ABFiller that claim to do the trick easily and cheaply (or free)...anyone have experience with either?

3. Bosco2005 macrumors newbie

Same question

Surely you found out the answer about how to get outlook distribution lists to show up in Entourage. I'm having the same problem and even tried emailing the distribution lists to myself but it didn't work. They show up in Outlook but not Entourage.