Importing Outlook Express Messages to Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bear1973, Mar 21, 2009.

1. bear1973 macrumors member

Hi,

I used to use an old version of Outlook Express on my Powerbook 1400 running OS 9.2. Before I switched to my PB G4 (which a few months ago was replaced by a new MB Pro) in 2003, I archived my Outlook identity as a Stuffit file.

The other day I discovered this old archive and thought I'd try to retrieve the message from it. I unstuffed it and the result was an "Entourage Database." Okay, but Entourage will not let me import from it. When I try to use it as the database for Entourage, it needs to be rebuilt, but when it is rebuilt, the file size is reduced from 190 MB to 18 MB and the content is apparently cleaned out.

Does anyone know how I can get these old email messages out of this file and into either Entourage or Apple Mail?

Thanks.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

To convert a file from Outlook 2001 for Mac, check out the PST import tool for Entourage.

(This doesn't apply for the original poster, but I'll say it for anyone who searches and finds this thread: This will only work with files from the Mac version of Outlook. It will not work with Windows Outlook PST files.)

Regards,
    Nadyne.