Importing photos from Motorola Razr

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rainycamp, Jun 29, 2008.

1. rainycamp macrumors newbie

I'm new to this forum, and I hope you folks have the answer.

I just bought a USB connector for my Razr cell phone. I want to import some photos from the cell phone to my eMac (10.4.11).

But the Razr does not show up as an icon on the desktop.

When I tried to sync it using iSync, it seems to sync only the contacts -- not the photos.

What am I doing wrong?

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

i used to have a motoroloa razr, but cant remember ever syncing the photos with it to be honest. i used to sync the contacts and then use the bluetooth manager to look around the phone and get the pictures i wanted.

3. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

Bluetooth would probably be the best option if you can't find the software for your eMac. Just buy a cheap, Mac compatible bluetooth dongle, then pair your eMac with the phone. You will then be able to use the Mac's built-in bluetooth file browsing utility found in Applications>Utilities to browse your phone and download the pictures off it.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

^^ I can vouch too that my iMac had no trouble browsing for pictures on my RAZR and downloading them via BT. Never tried a wired connection, unfortunately, so I can't help with that.

(AFAIK, iSync never syncs photos -- except in the sense that it will sync contact's pictures if it is able to sync contact pictures for your phone. I don't think it does on the Razr, but I'm not sure. But it doesn't sync the photo album to iPhoto or anything like that for any phone).