Importing Pictures into Aperture from Multiple iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bermane, Oct 17, 2013.

1. bermane macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I work for a company that is frequently out on adventure trips. All of our guides take pictures on their iPhones, and I want to be able to import all of their photos onto our media iMac in full resolution.

How can I do this without having to physically connect each of their iPhones every time. Will shared photostream do it? Another app? How can I maintain full resolution?

Thanks!

Ethan

2. alFR macrumors 68020

Easiest way is to set up a shared photostream, then invite all of them to it. They can then share the photos to the stream from their phones and you can drag them out of the stream into the Aperture library. The image resolution will be preserved, AFAIK all the metadata is as well (at least it has been when I've used shared streams).

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Plus you should get the pics essentially as soon as those phones hit Wifi, which could be substantially sooner than the phones making it physically back to the office.

4. bermane thread starter macrumors newbie

Trouble with Shared Photostream

Thanks a lot. I've set up a shared photostream but am now having issues getting the photos to show up on my computer.

Several different contributors have added to the photostream and all confirm seeing updates on their mobile devices, but for some reason the photos are not loading on the computer in the shared photostream (it shows that there is only one photo, the initial one I put in).

Any ideas?

Could I be because I created the shared photostream from inside iPhoto and not on a mobile device?