Importing pictures into iPhoto 06

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brainwave89, Jan 25, 2008.

1. brainwave89 macrumors 6502

I have photos on an external hard drive whose folders are marked as the following:
    2005 > 01 > 17

The folders are named for the year, month, day.
    There are quite a number of these folders.
    What is the quickest way to import all the pictures I have that appear in many different folder names?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Are you saying these photos do not show up in iPhoto when you open the app? The structure you describe is the way iPhoto manages the photos that are in the app. If they do not show up in iPhoto, to preserve the structure, you would have to import them folder by folder, I guess. I've never seen this before.

Or are you saying you want to take them from your external and move them to your internal? If so, you want to move the library itself. Here's how Apple says to do it: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93603

3. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

If you just have the pictures in a bunch of folders, and you want them copied to your iPhoto library, you should be able to drop the folders on the iPhoto icon in your dock and it will import them. Not sure if it will search for nested folders though...

I'm not at my Mac now, but I think there may be an import selection in the menu that might work...