Importing Radeon 4870 to Australia.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by inigel, Jun 5, 2009.

1. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

I hate being in the technological arsehole of the world.:mad:

I am looking at buying the ATI Radeon 4870 for my 2008 mac pro. Apple Australia sell the card for AU$699 (I am eligible for the education discount, so AU$629.)

I have seen the price of said card from Apple in the US, is AU$435.

My question is, does anybody know of a store that will ship the "official" Apple card to Australia and save me about AU$200?

I am trying to avoid eBay as it is hard to differentiate between "official" cards and flashed cards.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. grue macrumors 65816

How soon do you need it? If you don't mind waiting a month, I'm happy to bring one back with me when I go over later this month for work.

3. yomibro macrumors regular

The official card has the mini-displayport and one standard DVI, all the ones on eBay that I have seen are dual DVI so they are flashed PC versions.

4. inigel thread starter macrumors regular

inigel

That would be awesome. Unfortunately, my 8800GT just crapped itself about an hour ago while I was playing Fallout 3. Not a happy chap!

Luckily it is covered under the AppleCare, but now I see this as an opportunity to upgrade.

5. OZMP macrumors 6502

6. inigel thread starter macrumors regular

inigel

I'm heading to the Chatswood store on Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope it goes smoothly. They'll replace the 8800GT because that was he BTO card, but I might just go all out and just pay the $699 for the ATI card while I'm there.

7. grue macrumors 65816

well if you decide to wait, just let me know and we can work things out. I usually end up bringing back a suitcase full of crap so a video card isn't going to be too much of a burden :D