Importing songs to iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MonsterRain, Dec 4, 2011.

1. MonsterRain macrumors member

So, whenever I download songs from any place other than iTunes or Amazon (in this case, the new Trent Reznor tracks from that one soundtrack)...it saves a file to my desktop, and i open that, highlight all, select "Open with iTunes"...and for some reason, it hits me with this error: "Attempting to copy to the disk "Macintosh HD" failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation."

How can I, once and for all, fix this error?

2. lostless macrumors 6502

Sounds like your permissions got messed up. go to application/utilities/disk utility. Select your hard drive on the left and press repair disk permissions. See if that helps.

3. MonsterRain thread starter macrumors member

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Have you tried just drag and dropping in the iTunes window?

5. MonsterRain thread starter macrumors member

Yep. It won't show up in iTunes, and if I try and play direct from the folder, it gives the same error.

Sorry if I'm not explaining everything I've tried...but I've tried just about everything I've seen online, it's hard to remember everything. :|

6. MonsterRain thread starter macrumors member

Oddly enough. I think I just solved it. It looks like, for some reason, my computer has about 8 different "iTunes music" folders, and I've been saving my music to the wrong one. Neat. Music now imports and plays as it should. Copying things over is going to be so fun tonight!