Importing to FC from QT? and Cinimitize 2.0

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Soura2112, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I feel stupid asking this, since I forgot one part of this question.
    1) I imported a DVD video (100% legal!) using Cinamitze 2.0, using a VT file from mactheripper. I had them made into QT files, but when I bring it in to Final Cut Express 4.0 the image is stretched a bit. I tried the 3 options and I could not get the images to be standard. Is there something I am missing? At the moment its not a huge deal but I would like to fix it.
    I know Cinimatize is old but it's the one I have been using when I need it and I have rarely needed it, so I am sure something is better out there.

2) My buddy gave me a miniDVD to edit up on FC express (though I think I just ended up using Imovie since I didnt need to edit it much) again when I brought the files in and again they were stretched. I tried adjusting everything I knew ( I prefer Imovie 07), so again does anyone know what I am missing? I use DV tapes for video so when I do that extra import step I know something I am doing wrong.

Thanks for any info, I had this all down (pretty well) until miniDVD and all the other cameras came out. Which is why I try to use my own camera. I shoot on miniDV with a simple 1.85:1 widescreen and everything works fine. If someone could help out it would make like easier. Thanks so much.