Importing Video Clips from new Sony Camera

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by teerexx52, Jun 3, 2011.

1. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I was wondering if anyone new how to import video clips from the newest Sony digital cameras into iphoto. The files don't seem to be compatible. Thanks

2. marc11 macrumors 68000

You would import via iMovie, iPhoto will open if you saved any pics with the movies. Just connect via USB/Firewire and turn the camera on. iMovie should open, if not, open it, and click the camera icon to initiate the import process.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Is it a stills camera or a video camera? Stills should import straight into iPhoto.

4. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

It is a new DSC-HX100v. The still pictures come straight into iPhoto but not the video clips

5. Steamrunner macrumors member

Try recording using a different setting - if you're recording in the 50p mode (which I would imagine is the default) then I doubt iphoto would recognise those files.

Try a lower AVCHD setting (50i) or the MP4 setting. Obviously this will only work for things you record from now on.

6. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Thanks. The mp4 setting does work. Trying to figure out how the quality of the video clip compares to the AVCHD setting.

7. dlawson macrumors newbie

same problem

Hi, I'm having the same problem, still camera not having videos taken with it recognized or being uploaded by iPhoto, or anything on my mac.

The solution above to start recording in mp4 doesn't work for me... :mad: any ideas?

Thanks!

8. fedora23 macrumors newbie

successful import

Hi Everyone,

I had the same problem, and just managed to successfully download my Sony video clips into IMovie by using a card reader and not connecting directly with the camera. This only works with stills into Iphoto.

If you connect the card reader with your card and open Imovie, then select the camera icon, it will respond and up come the clips. I had not tried the mp4 option, and will try and compare quality next time.

Happy downloading;)