Importing video from HF10

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by slipper, Jun 2, 2009.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Im on a vacation in Beijing China right now and im trying to figure out how to import my video from my HF10 to iMovie 09. If i remember correctly, the way i did it before was using file>import from camera. But now when i do it, it wants to only capture video from the iSight... no option to select my HF10 in the drop down menu.

On a side note, i dont want to spend too much time figuring this out. Would it be ok if i just drag to a folder the .mts files and figure out this importing problem later? The .mts files are the actual video files, correct?

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Have you tried a couple of restarts?

Does the camera actually load as a disk in the finder? If not then it will not load into iMovie! Have you both plugged in the power and the USB?

3. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

The camera loads as a disk in the finder. Both USB and power connected. Restarted both computer and camcorder a couple times. I'll try it again later. :confused:

4. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

No one can help? Is it ok for my to just upload the .mts files to a folder for now and figure out this import problem later? I have no space on my cameras flash drive but i got so much more video to shoot.

5. Anska macrumors newbie

help!

Did you have any luck with this? I have just bought a brand new MacBook Pro to use with my Canon HF10 and and cannot get any of the footage of the camera and into iMovie. If I start iMovie and then plug in the camera, it just doesn't recognise it and if plug the camera in and then start iMovie, it immediately crashes. All of the footage plays fine on the camera but I have so far not managed to get anything off. There's some really important footage on there and I can't risk losing it. I am an absolute computer novice and this is my first ever Mac so if anyone has a solution can you please explain in as simple terms as possible (-nothing will be deemed too patronising!!). Thanks!