Importing Video From Snapz Pro X

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by stangmmx, Sep 26, 2010.

1. stangmmx macrumors member

Hello Forums!

I'm working on creating my first machinima [film composed of models from video games]. I've recorded some footage using Snapz Pro X. The files are about 50 - 100mb each, and they're .mov. For whatever reason, I can't drag and drop them into iMovie. Why is this? Thanks for your help!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Open them in QT Player (7 or X) and press Command+I to see what codec is used. Most probably the H264 codec is used and iMovie sometimes does not like it, depending on the iMovie version (there are several since its inception).

Download MPEG Streamclip and open the movies there (Batch List) and export them as .mov (QuickTime) using the Apple Intermediate Codec for video and Uncompressed for audio.

After that iMovie should accept those videos.

3. stangmmx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! This should fix it! Appreciate the help. :cool:

4. stangmmx thread starter macrumors member

didn't work the first time, but ill try again. does it matter whether or not it's set to 1080p?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What is set to 1080p?

Can you post the exact settings you used in MPEG Streamclip and the import settings in iMovie and maybe even the original information of the original recorded file (via QuickTime and the Movie Inspector)?
    You can use screenshots to do that.

6. stangmmx thread starter macrumors member

Fixed it! I was just confused and doing something incorrectly. I'll post here should I run into anymore problems. Appreciate all the help! Next time I'll post screenies as well. :cool: