Impossible for rural people to get pencil/keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BB2015, Nov 20, 2015.

1. BB2015 macrumors newbie

Looks like it's impossible for the ones of us that doesn't live near an Apple Store or Best Buy to get the pencil & smart keyboard. Closest Apple Store is 3 hours and Best Buy is 2 hrs. Guess it will be 4-5 week for me :mad:. Hopefully the ones of you that live close will be able to get you one located. :)

2. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Nope
    There are 4 Apple Stores near my home and office in Hong Kong all within half an hour of drive. I've been in search for an Apple Pencil for a week and every time none of them had any stock. And since I have a life, I can't stay there forever to wait for stock to come in. The Apple Store staff has become very impatient and rude for enquiries about the pencil. No in store pick up, no Best Buy, no nothing here. And my online order is not shipping until mid December.

3. BB2015 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's crazy! Hope you find one soon

4. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Yeah it's pretty much everywhere. I have 2 Best Buys, a Staples and an Apple Store near me and I haven't had any luck yet. There's just a shortage everwhere.

5. BB2015 thread starter macrumors newbie

The ones that's finding them in stock could make a few dollars selling them on here lol. It's crazy at the prices they are asking on eBay - total ripoff

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Well, OU sucks, but hey are plentiful in Texas. o_O ducks

7. jason.r macrumors newbie

Lunacy, dedication, or madness.... I headed for a 4 hour drive from where I live to the Apple Sore to get a Pencil & Smart Keyboard that the staff were nice enough to hold once they knew the distance I was travelling. Did tie it in with some Christmas shopping to make it worthwhile though. Then a 4 hour trip home again, in the snow!!! ;-)

8. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

I am rural and certainly want the pencil but I can wait a few weeks. After all, I am a adult and it's a silly little $100 plastic pencil. I have the actual iPad Pro so it's not a long time to wait for a accessory.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think its near impossible for most people to get the pencil, I think its probably harder for those in remote areas, but urban locations are struggling as well.

10. BB2015 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol - what part of Texas you finding them?

11. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Hey I have 5 Apple stores within 30 minutes of where I live and I can't get an Apple pencil. Seriously Apple shouldn't have launched the pencil and keyboard until they had adequate supply for the stores.

12. BB2015 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just called the nearest Best Buy to me and they told me they have some on order but they haven't shipped yet & would probably be at least 2 weeks before they got them

13. TurboPGT! Suspended

Not impossible. Just have an ounce of patience.

14. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I asked in my local Apple reseller and the guy looked at me as if I had some kind of disgusting communicable disease. I forget what he actually said, but his words were to the effect of "Of course we don't have any Pencils. Just how stupid are you?"

At least we can all agree on one thing: this is exactly how Apple planned it. It's not a massive screw-up at all. All praise to Apple.

15. racer1441 macrumors 68000

So? I'm in the same boat and gladly travel or wait for the ability to not see another human being for days on end. :)

16. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I'm Houston and I've been able to obtain the pencil from a Apple Store. I can not get my hands on a keyboard. Apple won't put them on the shelves. Best Buy claims to get a few at a time or none at all. This is the last time I preorder from Apple I think. Lol