Impossible to delete iTunes purchased music in iPhone

MPB11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Hello all,

I have been trying for a while to delete a full album that I previously purchased on iTunes. This 40 song album is taking space on my iPhone (iphone4 on iOS 7) for nothing. I always sync manually my playlists with my computer but even if this album is unchecked it ALWAYS stays in my phone. For your information, I did try the erase all music from phone function in settings but as soon as I put some new tracks from my computer, the album comes back in the background.

As far as my other settings goes, in the iTunes/App store section, I do have Music and Videos turned OFF, I do not have iTunes Match and my automated music downloads are OFF.

As soon as I hit the play button after a restart of my phone, the first things that plays if of course this *#&#@$( album.

Any way I can get rid to it in my phone?

Thanks a bunch.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Hello all,

I have been trying for a while to delete a full album that I previously purchased on iTunes. This 40 song album is taking space on my iPhone (iphone4 on iOS 7) for nothing. I always sync manually my playlists with my computer but even if this album is unchecked it ALWAYS stays in my phone. For your information, I did try the erase all music from phone function in settings but as soon as I put some new tracks from my computer, the album comes back in the background.

As far as my other settings goes, in the iTunes/App store section, I do have Music and Videos turned OFF, I do not have iTunes Match and my automated music downloads are OFF.

As soon as I hit the play button after a restart of my phone, the first things that plays if of course this *#&#@$( album.

Any way I can get rid to it in my phone?

Thanks a bunch.
in iTunes on the Music tab of what syncs to your phone... Check the section for Albums and make sure it is not checked there.