Impossible to restore my 2G iphone. I have tried everything

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OusSanDiego, Jun 13, 2009.

1. OusSanDiego macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

Initially I had a 1.1.4. on my 2G iPhone that I have jailbroken 2 years ago. Yesterday, I've updated my phone through iTunes thinking that I may find a program like "QuickPwn" or "Ziphone" that will jailbrake it again.

I just got myself into trouble because now I have tried everything and nothing works: I have either a (1600) or a (26) error when I try to upload the restore file.

I've tried many options:
    1 - Jailbrake and unlock using the latest versions of "PwnageTool" or "quickpwn". Nothing works
    2 - restore through iTunes by selecting the file in the "users/myusername/library/iTunes/device support" folder. => I get the message: "the iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible".

I have tried to solve the problem both on my 10.5.7 MacBook and my Windows XP also installed on my MacBook through boot camp.

Do I have to downgrade it? I don't know how?
    Can anybody help me out?

Thank you very much!
    OusSanDiego

2. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

3. 251920 macrumors member

Try downloading the 2.2 from internet .ipsw, then use quickpwn 2.2.5 and jailbreak it don't forget to download bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6 ( to be on the safe side). Well then everything should work, I mean, I have jailbroken about 17 Iphones and all are working fine. If you need detailed info just send mess into private.

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000