Impossible to shurt off 3Gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BarryJ, Dec 5, 2011.

1. BarryJ macrumors 6502a

BarryJ

My son is just back from Japan. He brought his 3Gs with him. The phone is locked to Softbank. So I've been playing with it trying to unlock the device.

What has me stumped is that I can not power off the unit.... AND because the power button does not respond, I can't get the thing to go into DFU mode. So is this normal that an iPhone's power switch is disabled ?

My son says he had no issues with the power switch previous to coming home.

I have no idea as to what iOS he had installed but the problem started when he upgraded the software to ios 5 and noticed the phone is locked. This all happened days after his return to North America.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Barry

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The power button has failed. Try squeezing it between your fingers up by the power button see if that helps? If not its in need of repair/replacement!

3. BarryJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

BarryJ

So...

So... this inability to shut off is not likely an anti hack protocol built in by Apple and iOS 5 ? I've tried the pinch thing. No luck.

BJ

----------

Never mind... Tried it and it shut off. Wadda ya know. Thanks. Now I'll try the hacks again.

BJ