impossible to synch music with iPhone since iOS 7.0.3

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MPB11, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MPB11 macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I updated 2 days ago my iPhone 4 to iOS 7.0.3 and since then, I am incapable of changing my music content in my phone. My iPhone still shows my older playlists but the music is gone, even if I sync with iTunes, it shows me that the synchronisation has been successful but my new playlists just don't show up in my phone.

I did restart my phone and my computer but nothing changed....

any tips for me?

thanks

2. ja2ed macrumors member

Had this since day one of iOS 7 they need to do something ASAP.

3. MPB11 thread starter macrumors regular

actually, I just found out that it's a bit more confusing than this.

Let's say I had tracks 1-2-3 in playlist A on my phone before synch and that I wanted to to have tracks 3-4-5 on a playlist named B. I now have playlist A showing up with tracks 1-2-3 and playlist B doesn't show up but the only track I can listen to is track 3 since it was on playlist A and is on playlist B.........

4. Lefty516 macrumors newbie

iOS 7.0.3 iTunes sync trouble here too and what I did

I just had a similar issue. I upgraded to Mavericks the other day and also the iOS upgrades. I grabbed all the updates for both operating systems and iTunes.

iTunes 11.1.2 (31)
    iOS 7.0.3
    OS X 10.9

Earlier today I tried to swap out some music on my iPhone via directly connected USB cable to my iMac. Sync looked ok in iTunes and I could see the songs in the list but they were grey and had a dotted circle to the left of them - didn't look unusual since I think they normally look like that? I don't pay much attention to it since I usually just play music out of my music library and never had sync issues in the past.

So today I go out to connect to my van which has always streamed iTunes music from the iPhone flawlessly. The songs I thought I had removed were still in the list. The songs I thought I had transferred to the iPhone were not.

I disconnected the iPhone from my van and tried to open the music app and see what was in there. It suddenly began cycling through every track that it thought it had in storage and showed each title, and artwork in a flurry of animation from one track to the next. It never did find any music to play. My guess is that the database or something of track filenames was synched but the files were not?

When I got back to the house I turned off music sync completely in iTunes and let it sync. I disconnected and then reconnected. Once I saw my iPhone in iTunes I turned music sync on again and selected a few playlists which seemed to work fine.

I haven't had a chance to re-connect in my vehicle and see if it works now but I was able to play tracks on the iPhone disconnected from the iMac.

5. scatterbrain92 macrumors member

same exact problem, updated all the OS's to the latest versions (Macbook & iphone5s) and have the same issue with the sync, any suggestions ?

6. Planky, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

Planky macrumors regular

Similar problem, but this happened when I upgraded the iPhone to 7.0.3

All my music is listed but if I select it to play it does the quick skip to the next song repeatedly until either it hits a song I have purchased from the iTunes stores, which it plays or the approximately 1% of random other songs it seems to still see.

Edit: all my videos are gone too.

7. nubee macrumors member

I updated to 7.0.3 and Mavericks. Now I'm experiencing the same thing.

My phone won't sync, and even when I cancel the sync and disconnect my phone, the syncing icon is still spinning around on my phone. :confused:

8. bluefabian macrumors newbie

wow.

I thought I am the only one.

Mavericks. iOS 7.0.3.

Cannot sync songs to my iPhone either.

9. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Yep, and when that happened on my iPad, I couldn't get rid of the syncing icon, and it wouldn't let me enable airplane mode to kill it either. I had to restart the iPad completely (and iTunes). But, I also found if you start it syncing and leave it a while (30 minutes or more), it does eventually do stuff. What it does, that's a different story. For me it's been re-sending a varying proportion of the music library every time, even though it was already on the iPad, and unchanged. Also, songs have disappeared from the iPad that should not have.

What I'm trying right now is to deselect sync music, sync the device to remove it all, then re-enable it and sync to put it all back. I'm hoping that will get it out of this state and back to working normally.

10. minimo3 macrumors 6502

I'm seeing this too on 7.0.3 and Windows. iTunes said it sync'ed fine but the songs didn't sync. Playlist names appeared but they were all empty

11. micktheant macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem. Just updated to 7.0.3 on my window computer last night. Now when i click a song, it quickly cycles though all the songs on the album, flashing the title/artwork, and then doesnt play anything. There are a few album that are still on but I don't know why.

Also, was not able to add new music to my phone.

At work now but will try new methods when I get home later. Anyone find a fix?

12. MPB11 thread starter macrumors regular

same thing here, the only songs that play are the ones that were already in my phone and that I decided to keep with the new synch, the others ones are gone.

13. scatterbrain92 macrumors member

I was finally able to fix it !! Try it out it might work for you if you have similar settings as I (iphone 5s with ios7.0.3, 2012 MacbookPro updated with Mavericks and the latest itunes)
    Here's what to do
    In case you have your iPhone set up to Manually Sync the music (such as I did) try unselecting that box (Sync only selected playlists, artist, etc) on the Music tab of the iPhone while at iTunes (it will erase ALL MUSIC) and then click APPLY... Next, select again "Sync only the selected..."and then click Apply again and this will sync ALL the music again (yes its gonna take a while but its worth it)

14. kumquat macrumors regular

kumquat

When I first hooked my 5s up to my car stereo it did exactly what you're describing, running through all track listings until hitting the songs purchased from iTunes. However, it has never done it since and that was version 7.0.

15. MPB11 thread starter macrumors regular

i did this yesterday and unfortunately it didn't fix my problem.... :( 3rd day at the gym today without music....lol

16. ja2ed macrumors member

It's a horrible feeling to be at the gym and not have your own music I'm so aggravated with this issue. I never have an issue with the first initial sync but once I do something and update it, that's where I run into issues. That's why for now i got my best music lineup so far until new music comes out. I am hoping there's a fix before hand.

17. Lefty516 macrumors newbie

itunes sync issue iOS 7.03 and iTunes 11.1.2 on Mavericks

Like I said what seemed to work for me was to deselect the sync music checkbox - I manually sync my music depending on what I feel like taking to the car. I unchecked it...synched...disconnected, and then reconnected...rechecked the sync music box, and then added 1 or 2 playlists and then synched my iPhone. It's been ok since and the car is picking up the playlists correctly now with the songs present.

Hopefully Apple sees this and can offer a fix.

18. MPB11 thread starter macrumors regular

this issue cleary is related to iOS 7.0.3 considering that I am still under ML and running iTunes 11.1.1

19. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

Unselecting music or items to desync and resync always works in the past.

This took me a long time to figure out, anyone wanna try it for this problem?

FIXED & SOLVED: iOS 7 Beta 5 & 6 "Waiting for changes to be applied" stuck in iTunes

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1624256

20. Lefty516 macrumors newbie

iTunes sync after iOS 7.0.3 and Mavericks.

I just spoke to Apple Support and she said that I can forward my info to feedback.apple.com. She suggested I copy in the link for this thread since I mentioned that other people seemed to be having similar issues. She didn't see anything yet on this issue but I figure if people don't report it then they won't fix it if it is indeed a bug. I just tried the site but the service was unavailable so they must be getting a lot of traffic.

21. MPB11 thread starter macrumors regular

didn't for me..

22. MPB11 thread starter macrumors regular

I decided to give it a second try today and it ended up working! thanks!

even if there is still an issue, at least there is a way to bypass it for now until they fix it

23. nubee macrumors member

So after trying a number of suggestions, I just waited for about 1 hour and the music started to sync to my phone. I'm not sure what got it to work though, since I tried most of the suggestions within the same hour.

Unfortunately, it's syncing from scratch, so now I'm waiting for 12,000+ songs to transfer (with most of the songs being converted to 128 kbps).

24. shmeffrey macrumors member

Still doesn't work for me. I've got IOS 7.0.4 and still won't sync my music. I've tried all the tricks here and still no luck.