Impossible to use Mail

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Luis Ortega, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

When I get mail on my iphone, it's easy to delete all of them at one go from the inbox and from the trash.

But on my ipad, I am forced to delete emails in my inbox by ticking them one at a time and then deleting, but this is a pain and I have turned off the account on the ipad because it's so annoying.

Is there any way to mass delete the emails in the inbox on an ipad?

Thanks for any advice.

2. ericwn macrumors 65816

On all current iOS devices: go into the inbox or folder you wish to delete stuff in. Tap Edit, then tap the messages effected, takes only one tap per msg to mark it, then tap delete and all marked will be moved to junk.

3. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Once you've tapped edit does select all not appear at all?

4. Luis Ortega thread starter macrumors 6502a

No it doesn't, and it used to have that option.
    Mail seems to have lost that feature since the last ios update on both the iphone and the ipad.
    Is this a bug or a screw up by apple?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 4, 2016 ---
    That's ridiculous. It used to offer 'select all' as an option. I don't have time to fool around deleting hundreds of emails by having to select each one.

5. ericwn macrumors 65816

Realistically, how often do you delete all emails in an inbox? I agree a feature is nice to have, I just never found myself in a situation where I had to delete that many emails.