hermione0901

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
First time question post!

I have a set up with the following:

- Apple tv;
- Sonos speakers set up via airplay;
- Video projector connected to Apple TV via HDMI.

Hers's my problem:

When I play video on the Apple TV with sound playing through the sonos system (again, set up through airplay). The volume is turned ALL the way up on my sonos system, which, for every other form of audio in put, makes it BLASTINGLY loud. However, when I play through the Apple TV, it's so low, I can only hear if I press my ear up right next to the speaker.

I have tried setting dolby digital to off, on, and auto. No difference.

I have tried the auto play volume setting on the sonos on and off. No difference.

Any ideas?

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
hold the centre button down when playing content, you'll get a black screen with a top bar of settings, scroll over to speakers, then down to your sonos system, and increase the volume from there

Comment

hermione0901

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Doesn't work!

hold the centre button down when playing content, you'll get a black screen with a top bar of settings, scroll over to speakers, then down to your sonos system, and increase the volume from there
Is there another trick to make the black bar show up? I've tried to use the centre button while playing netflix, but the bar doesn't show up.

Comment

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
hold the centre button down when playing content, you'll get a black screen with a top bar of settings,

Thanks this works well with my Bose Airlnk speaker

Is there a way to get the same menu using the iphone remote app?:confused:

Comment

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
Can you explain in more detail how you have Sonos and AirPlay working? Is it audio going to the AppleTV and then to the Sonos? I would assume it has to be, right?

Comment

Abaco7

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2014
Low Volume

Thank you for the solution. I have an Apple TV linked to a home projector and an Airport Express feeding into a Sonos Amplifier. I couldn't get any real volume out until I read this post. :)

Comment