Impossibly Low Volume Output On Apple TV through Sonos Speakers

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by hermione0901, Jan 10, 2014.

1. hermione0901 macrumors newbie

First time question post!

I have a set up with the following:

- Apple tv;
    - Sonos speakers set up via airplay;
    - Video projector connected to Apple TV via HDMI.

Hers's my problem:

When I play video on the Apple TV with sound playing through the sonos system (again, set up through airplay). The volume is turned ALL the way up on my sonos system, which, for every other form of audio in put, makes it BLASTINGLY loud. However, when I play through the Apple TV, it's so low, I can only hear if I press my ear up right next to the speaker.

I have tried setting dolby digital to off, on, and auto. No difference.

I have tried the auto play volume setting on the sonos on and off. No difference.

Any ideas?

2. linds15 macrumors 6502a

hold the centre button down when playing content, you'll get a black screen with a top bar of settings, scroll over to speakers, then down to your sonos system, and increase the volume from there

3. hermione0901 thread starter macrumors newbie

Doesn't work!

Is there another trick to make the black bar show up? I've tried to use the centre button while playing netflix, but the bar doesn't show up.

4. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

hold the centre button down when playing content, you'll get a black screen with a top bar of settings,

Thanks this works well with my Bose Airlnk speaker

Is there a way to get the same menu using the iphone remote app?:confused:

5. iMerik macrumors 6502

Can you explain in more detail how you have Sonos and AirPlay working? Is it audio going to the AppleTV and then to the Sonos? I would assume it has to be, right?

6. Abaco7 macrumors newbie

Low Volume

Thank you for the solution. I have an Apple TV linked to a home projector and an Airport Express feeding into a Sonos Amplifier. I couldn't get any real volume out until I read this post. :)