Impressed by rMB screen!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thadoggfather, Apr 14, 2015.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

ran star wars trailer with 2015 13" next to it, liked the colors of rMB more and the blacks were deeper (like my 2014 I had, that was an A018 but ran hot on the right edge a little).

Dang, this is a beautiful machine :)

2. vanimal macrumors 6502a

When you say deeper, as in it looked darker but they were crushed? Just curious I'm a bit of a display video junkie lol. Took me months to calibrate my 65" TV, until i just said its good enough lol.

I noticed when i brought my 2015 MBPR in the store today to compare the MBR did not get as bright with the brightness cranked. However, i obviously didn't have time to watch a 1080p movie. I probably looked weird anyway since i was comparing my MBPR to the new MBR lol.

This is prob good news for people who travel and watch movies. For me EVERYTHING gets watched on my 65" wall mounted TV. :D

Isn't there two different displays for the MBPR? LG and Samsung? I forget how to check, i didn't yet and not sure if i should. It might drive me nuts if i don't have the Samsung :)

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Anand review was very positive about the screen as well.

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

No the detail looked fine and it was darker, inkier blacks.

i am a display stickler too. not too much with tv, i just dont want crap displays in anything. something that doesn't look good to my eyes.