Impressed with a mid 2009 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by got556, Oct 10, 2014.

1. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Hey all, have two MBPr's but I picked up a mid '09 13" MBP that came with 8gb RAM, a speck shell, and incase soft sleeve. The exterior/condition of this thing is immaculate and all I really plan to do is add an SSD (Sammy 240 EVO) and call it a day.

I'm currently running Public Beta 5 of Yosemite and it flies. Can't wait to see the difference after throwing the SSD in it. One thing I am shocked about is how much heavier it is than the MBPr's (at least the 13" flavors). I have also had a 2012 non retina 15" MBP that was maxed out (16gb ram and i7) and it reminds me a bit of the weight of that pig.

I guess the purpose of this thread is just to remind everyone that these older MBP's are a steal for everyday browsing and light computing tasks. Best part is I picked her up for $450.

Now if my 6 would get here so I can start trying to benefit from some of the 10.10 and iOS8 features. And I still don't understand how people can't go back to the regular screens after using Retina. Yes you can tell a difference, but at $450 I'm easily shrugging it off.

I think my next move in the Apple world is to ditch this iMac and grab a mini and run an LG UM65 (have no need for the UM95).

2. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

I went back to the Air display after using retina for a few months. Yes there is a big difference but it is something you get used to. Congrats on the new machine!