Carrier Impressed with Verizon Wireless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by melman101, Oct 12, 2015.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

Hey all. I'm currently on an AT&T unlimited data plan with my wife.

However, my Mom has her own line with my aunt and they have Verizon. They had two basic smartphones and were paying like $140 or something ridiculous. They didnt even have data on their phones.

Yesterday I went with them to Verizon, and they were ineligible for on contract pricing because they didnt have a smartphone plan. So they guy did all the math, switched the plan and they will be paying about $30 bucks more a month and they each have 3GB of data (which I doubt they will ever use) and unlimited talk and text. Something like $170 or something. And they each got an iPhone 6S 64GB Space Grey for $122 bucks total (tax). Trying to get them into the future :)

They were trying to sell a data overage blocker for $5 bucks for the account, but we did not take it. I thought thast was scheisty.

Other than that, great service, transferred their contacts from their old phones to the new phones, etc.

I was thoroughly impressed.

And I realized how much I'm getting ripped, but I have that elusive unlimited data plan, and it will be a cold day in hell before you pry that from me

2. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

My dad (72 years old) has a line on my AT&T Family Share plan and has been rocking a flip phone for years. Last year, we gave him my son's old iPhone, since he has a MacBook and we figured he might enjoy the features. After only about 3 days he told me he hated it, and went back to his beloved flip phone. He doesn't text, doesn't browse, doesn't use a lick of data....he's just happy with his flip phone.

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

My wife and I have the Verizon family plan. We have two iPhones with 6GB monthly data. Costs $160 a month. Unlimited call/text of course. The family plans are always the best with VZ and ATT.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Verizon's service is great, but their plans are ridiculously expensive.

5. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

They are around the same age. They are getting used to it I think LOL :).

Yeap, they travel and one lives in a rural area, so Verizon is the way to go for them.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You know better than to make such blanket statements, Kosmo. You've been around for quite some time now.

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

I am thoroughly confused.

So they are paying $170 a month now with a total of 6GB data to share between two lines? On Verizon.

And did they get $122 iPhone 6S 64gb off contract?

8. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Sorry for confusing you.

They each have 3gb of data, so yea 6gb total.

The two phones are something like $27 each a month under their new monthly plan. The total cost of the plan with the monthly rate for the phones is around $170.

They didn't have to put any money down on the phones, they just had to pay tax on the phones. $66 dollars each phone, so $132.

9. ultravisitor macrumors 6502

ultravisitor

Honestly, I always see so much complaining about Verizon's customer service, but I've never had a problem with it. They've always been good to me. I think a lot--not all, but a lot--of the complaining about Verizon's customer service is coming from people who feel and act like they're entitled to more than they deserve or what is reasonable.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I've also had nothing but positive experiences. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, it's just never happened to me personally with ONLINE CSR's.

11. aneftp macrumors 68040

1. They were being ripped off for their dumb phones. Easily can Verizon prepay dumb phone for $35 a month each line.

12. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yea, absolutely. LOL