Impressions 24 hours in

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jasmynp, May 2, 2015.

1. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I have a 38mm stainless steel classic buckle. I got it on eBay at $97 over retail. (Even after starting a thread about how I wouldn't buy from scampers. I got impatient.)

What I know so far is that the limitations of the apple watch is what makes it a great product. It was not designed for content consumption or creation. It was designed to be an extension of what your phone can do. It allows you to know what's going on and respond only when necessary. It keeps you from getting sucked down the rabbit whole of

Oh new text! Whose that from? Let me send back the obligatory lol or ook. Since I've got my phone in hand, let me check ESPN, then Facebook, then twitter, then IG, the a few stocks. Hey what's the weather gonna be tomorrow? New email! It seems PayPal wants me to have a few tips on how to use PayPal. Let me delete that. Since I'm here though, let me search something random on chrome and send it to a friend. Wait what's going on in the world? Washington Post here I come...and on and on and on

And all this while you should be working, paying attention to a loved one, or are in a meeting.

The fact that the Apple Watch allows you to prevent this is huge. It frees you up to only do what you need to do at the moment until you WANT more not just because more happens to be in your hands.

There are some issues and with updates they will improve over time, but even without the improvements that we all know are coming, the apple watch serves its purpose. It gives you at a glance control of most of your digital life so you can get back to your real life.

As you can tell, I'm way into it and I'm looking forward to coming.

2. macdaddy86 macrumors 6502

macdaddy86

Huh? this model is shipping very quickly (like in days), did you try ordering one from Apple?

3. Jasmynp thread starter macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I got mine before it started shipping that quickly or at least before I knew it was.

4. macdaddy86 macrumors 6502

macdaddy86

Ahh, OK. well i hope you enjoy it :) my missus got 38mm, im waiting for 42mm still :(

Her watch has been on the bedroom side since, she does not understand, and i dont understand why i got her one :rolleyes:

5. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

That's the $649 model right? $97 over retail isn't really _too_ bad, that's what? 13%? Heck if it was $97 over the pre-tax price, that's even better!

Sounds like you're really enjoying it, don't sweat the extra cost :D

6. Jasmynp thread starter macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

Maybe she'll warm up to it with software updates? My rule with my husband is "if you don't use it with the first 2 weeks it goes back."

----------

Yup it was pre tax. Pretty cool not as cool as retail but not as bad as the others I've seen. 38mm sports are going for $700+ so I didn't do too bad.