Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cervelo-Van

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Yesterday, received my 42MM Space Grey with BSB. (I'm almost 60 BTW)

Love it.

Fit is perfect, love the look.
Set up was easy.
Putting on the Sport Band is easy

Love the little conveniences. Today, I had a message chat with a friend, and I had to reply to her about some suggestions. I was able to say Monday and then send that to her as text. So great.

Very glad I purchased, and expect even better things once Watch 2.0 comes out

DarthBarbieDoll

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Missouri
Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I have had mine for a while now and can't imagine not having it with everything it can do. Continue to enjoy your new watch! :)

iMidway

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2015
I am in your rear view mirror at 54 and I am loving the hell out of my :apple: Watch (received it last Friday). It is very handy for me especially since I am on the road most of the time. Enjoy!

P.S. You can now take "(Pending)" out of your sig :D

Reactions: Planepics

exxxviii

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2015
My watch came two weeks ago, the day I left for a 2-week vacation. So, I did not get to touch it until I returned last night. Today is my first day. I was already a little familiar, because my daughter has had hers since early May, and my Dad has had his since the day after launch day.

I am liking it so far. I did a couple try-ons at the Apple store, and one of the reasons that I preferred the sport was the weight compared to the SS watch. Still, I am surprised at how light it feels on my wrist after most of a day. I have worn a nice stainless watch nearly every day for the past 20 year. I knew this would be lighter, but it feels weightless compared to my dress watch.

I agree that a lot of the apps and glances are slow. Also, the raise to read it is slower than I would like. Since I am used to wearing watch already, I expect instant response. It feels like it takes a couple seconds to pop the display from when my eye is expecting something.

I did my 5 mile daily run with the watch today alongside my Garmin 910XT. It was less than 2% error on the distance, which way exceeded my expectations. (I did have my iPhone with me on the run to calibrate, so that may have helped with the accuracy.) And, it matched the Garmin's average HR exactly. I wish that the workout app had a way to see pace and HR data by mile split. (It may be in there somewhere, but I am still learning.)

I cannot decide which glances I want and in what order. That will probably take a bit of use to decide on.

The App Layout UI on the iPhone is a total pain in the butt. The app shifts stuff too aggressively and can make it difficult to get things where you want them until the second or third try.

I like the watch faces, and especially the extra data fields that I can set up. Like the glances, it will probably take a little use before I settle on a favorite configuration. My biggest disappoint is the Mickey Mouse face. I wanted to use that one, because it is so happy and frivolous. But, it is kind of hard to accurately read the time, so I quit using it after a few hours. It is always there for me, if I want to read the happiest time on earth.

After just one day, it does not seem like a game changer to me, just cool and fun. It is replacing my other watches for everyday wear, so I principally bought it as a watch with some other cool capabilities.

Reactions: profmjh

SpEe1113

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
Florida
My watch came two weeks ago, the day I left for a 2-week vacation. So, I did not get to touch it until I returned last night. Today is my first day. I was already a little familiar, because my daughter has had hers since early May, and my Dad has had his since the day after launch day.

I am liking it so far. I did a couple try-ons at the Apple store, and one of the reasons that I preferred the sport was the weight compared to the SS watch. Still, I am surprised at how light it feels on my wrist after most of a day. I have worn a nice stainless watch nearly every day for the past 20 year. I knew this would be lighter, but it feels weightless compared to my dress watch.

I agree that a lot of the apps and glances are slow. Also, the raise to read it is slower than I would like. Since I am used to wearing watch already, I expect instant response. It feels like it takes a couple seconds to pop the display from when my eye is expecting something.

I did my 5 mile daily run with the watch today alongside my Garmin 910XT. It was less than 2% error on the distance, which way exceeded my expectations. (I did have my iPhone with me on the run to calibrate, so that may have helped with the accuracy.) And, it matched the Garmin's average HR exactly. I wish that the workout app had a way to see pace and HR data by mile split. (It may be in there somewhere, but I am still learning.)

I cannot decide which glances I want and in what order. That will probably take a bit of use to decide on.

The App Layout UI on the iPhone is a total pain in the butt. The app shifts stuff too aggressively and can make it difficult to get things where you want them until the second or third try.

I like the watch faces, and especially the extra data fields that I can set up. Like the glances, it will probably take a little use before I settle on a favorite configuration. My biggest disappoint is the Mickey Mouse face. I wanted to use that one, because it is so happy and frivolous. But, it is kind of hard to accurately read the time, so I quit using it after a few hours. It is always there for me, if I want to read the happiest time on earth.

After just one day, it does not seem like a game changer to me, just cool and fun. It is replacing my other watches for everyday wear, so I principally bought it as a watch with some other cool capabilities.

Congrats on the watch! Here are some quick tips that may help per your post.

I run as well and have been using the watch for my runs since launch. If you tap the top right area where the time shows, it will cycle through the other timing options to show your pace. So if you have the bottom set to your HR, you should be able to watch your pace in the top right by tapping that area to get to it or your overall time as well.

In terms of distance, there's another thread on here where we've been looking at the minor inaccuracies...I always run with my phone and for some reason my watch is consistently 0.05 mi less than what the distance should be (checked actual distance on a drop pin map via MapMyRun). Like you say, a 2% error is really not bad at the end of the day and better it is less than more so the worst case is you putting in the extra oomph in your runs! LOL

For your Mickey face, you can put the digital time in one of the corners using the world clock...this way you can have the look, get a smile at Mickey and still be able to very quickly check the time.

Hope that helps, enjoy!

Reactions: profmjh and ZoeLou

ZoeLou

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2015

For your Mickey face, you can put the digital time in one of the corners using the world clock...this way you can have the look, get a smile at Mickey and still be able to very quickly check the time. ...

That's a really good tip! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.