impressions going from 23" ACD to 24" LED ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by c.s., Nov 13, 2009.

1. c.s. macrumors regular

c.s.

After several weeks, I can honestly say I'm really glad I did it. I'm a designer, so I worried about the gloss after hearing so many horror stories. Granted, I have overhead lighting, can't imagine trying to use the thing near a window. But in my case, I think it's actually been better for my eyes. I used to get bloodshot eyes working on the 23", maybe a combination of the dpi and slight grain from the antiglare coating. But it's totally improved with the 24"! I like having the same number of pixels just a little bigger, and the sharpness/contrast/brightness makes everything more clear. ONLY downside is working on dark images, since you can't totally avoid a little reflection. But overall it's a big improvement for me. And being able to charge my MBP right from the monitor is nice. I WOULD like to see it with a matte option, it would be interesting to see them side by side.

I had considered getting the 27" iMac to use as a monitor/second computer, but I think the dpi would've been too small for me. I do a lot of finder navigation & menu navigation in InDesign & Photoshop.

Anyway, I was wondering if others out there have made the same jump, if you've been happy going from matte to glass.

2. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

I just got the 24" to go with my 24" iMac and it is pretty amazing. My desk sits at almost a 90 degree angle to a large window that catches the morning sun and the glare hasn't been a problem.

I kept hearing all the horror stories about the glossy screens when I bought my 15" MBP a year and a half ago, but went glossy anyway and it has never been an issue for me.

3. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Anyone know the difference between the new imacs and the 24" acd? I am interested in the acd .Thank you and i'm sorry if i hijacked the thread.