Impressions iPhone 3G to 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abercrombie, Jun 25, 2010.

1. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

For me, selling my 3G for around $250 and upgrading for $299 (ok $360 with tax) was a no-brainer. Actually, I feel kinda dumb as if I have no brain, but that's besides the point. Feels the same due to weight, even tho' it's 24% smaller width. I thought I liked the design of my old 3G, but the new iPhone 4 is a beauty.

Biggest complaint with the 3G was the amount of time it took to load apps, just horrendous. Everything on the 4G is just faster and snappier within micro-seconds. HD Video cam, haven't used it much yet but can see myself using it often vs. not having one on the 3G. Photos, awesome as always and the LED flash will help out a ton.

In summary, after the excitement of opening the package and being among the 600k that "got it first" I can't say I'm too much impressed. Definitely something I wouldn't wait in line for more than 1 hour, much less camp out for. Yes, it's a revolutionary stage in the evolutionary stage of mobile electronics, but it's still just a phone! :D

2. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I'm sorry, I must have clicked on the blog section of MacRumors.

But cool story, bro.

3. Siret macrumors newbie

I also went from 3G to 4 and most things are fine except for two items:

1. The 3G bars are less in number than the 3G phone right next to it. I read that the 4 shows less bars but works OK.

2. The photos look less colorfull and darker than the same photos on the 3G. I am quite surprised by this given that the new Retina display is supposed to be better. Maybe the optimization that is done on the photos before downloading into the 4 is not optimum for the 4 display. Any ideas why this is so?

4. tikitommy macrumors regular

Have you adjusted the default brightness?

I emailed the same picture to my 3G and 4 and the 4 was lightyears beyond the 3G. I could not have asked for a better phone. It helps i don't have the corner issue or yellow spots.

5. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

I prefer the curvy figure of my 3G to the sharper edges of the 4. The 3G feels a lot more comfortable in my hand.

My 3G also did much better with my cheapie bluetooth than the 4 does. Now folks are telling me they cannot hear me very well. I'll be trying other bluetooth devices, preferably something that will stream music too.

On the plus side, certainly lots of apps run faster on the 4 than the 3G and I'll be able to load more videos on my 32GB 4 than I could on the 16GB 3G.