iPhone 11 Pro Impressive gold PVD

UKapple73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
So I’ve had my iPhone 11 Pro Max for 4.5 months now and I’m super impressed with the gold PVD coating, just checked in the sun and there’s not a single micro scratch. My Xs max silver at this stage had loads of them!
I’ve also got the Apple Watch gold and that is the same 4 months in.
Kudos to Apple, they’ve nailed the durability on this PVD coating

Reactions: Bethanie21

zehcnassurfero

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2019
But silver is more prone to scratches than other colors, I had a iPhone X and it was horrible, a lot of scratches and I usually used it with the official case...

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
The gold PVD coating on my previous Xs Max had the exact durability. Had it caseless for a year without a scratch on the coating or glass. It all depends on how you take care of the phone.

DevinNj

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Nope. Never have never will
The gold PVD coating on my previous Xs Max had the exact durability. Had it caseless for a year without a scratch on the coating or glass. It all depends on how you take care of the phone.
Cool thanks. Thinking about going with gold next time around for a break form SG. The scratches on the frame were the reason I never went with silver. Call me crazy, but they bother me.

zehcnassurfero

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2019
Cool thanks. Thinking about going with gold next time around for a break form SG. The scratches on the frame were the reason I never went with silver. Call me crazy, but they bother me.
For me too, I changed my iPhone X for an 11Pro Max midnight green for this reason. Silver is so premium but it scratch so easily

Reactions: DevinNj

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
I took a break from SG with the Gold Xs Max and now my MG Pro Max. I'm ready to go back to SG this year lol, I miss it.

DevinNj

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I took a break from SG with the Gold Xs Max and now my MG Pro Max. I'm ready to go back to SG this year lol, I miss it.
I know, each year I swear I'm gonna change it up, I was so close on the green this year, but SG is my safety net I guess. LOL

xxray

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2013
I know, each year I swear I'm gonna change it up, I was so close on the green this year, but SG is my safety net I guess. LOL
Me too. I wanted to get gold for my XS Max, but was afraid I’d get sick of the color, panicked, and went with the safe SG. Well, I played myself because I’ve been sick of SG and been still wanting gold ever since I didn’t get it. Sigh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.